A Contracting Party who has duly paid the annual subscription fee for the STARTER-Pack can use the following free services provided by Seassist Italia:
1) 20% discount on rates for Seassist Italia services as published on the website.
2) Special discounts at businesses selected by Seassist Italia, as listed at www.seassist.com, under the Commercial Partners section.
3) Services are guaranteed 24 hours a day during the period from 1 April to 31 October, within the limit of 3 hours from the reception of the call; in the period from 1 November to 31 March, the service is however guaranteed, but the time limit for intervention can be up to 6 hours from the call. For safety reasons, Seassist Italia does not assume any obligation to intervene after sunset or in case of adverse weather conditions.
4) The contract is valid 365 days from the date of signing.
5) Anything not provided for by this contract is excluded from the subscription service; specifically, whatsoever concerns salvage as governed by the International Convention of London on 28 April 1989, enforceable in Italy with Law No. 129 of 12 April 1995 is excluded.
6) For legal disputes relating to this contract, the Court of Udine has jurisdiction.
A Contracting Party which has duly paid the annual fee for the STANDARD subscription, in addition to the services included in the STARTER-PACK subscription which is therefore considered as recognised and accepted by signing the bottom of this Regulation, may use the following services free of charge:
7) Technical assistance in Italy in the case of average (engine, electrical system, hydraulic system, etc.) within 9 nautical miles from the port of mooring, (as indicated by the Contracting Party in the contract). If at the discretion of the commander of the Seassist Italia unit it is not possible to carry out technical assistance directly at sea due to force majeure, upon prior notice to the competent maritime authority, the vessel will be towed to the nearest equipped marina or port; said service will be provided free of charge.
8) Services for the delivery of spare parts, fuel, battery charging, unwinding of ropes in the propeller, easy disengagement with maximum one service unit (only when this operation does not compromise the integrity of the boat of the Contracting Party at the sole discretion of the Seassist Italia operator) are included free of charge.
9) All the services described above shall be carried out free of charge only with a service vessel. If for any reason, including not depending on Seassist Italia, the intervention of one or more additional vessels is needed, the service shall be charged at the Seassist Italia rates published on the website.
10) All services requested within marinas or ports in general are not included and any pure repair operations are not free of charge and are not included in the services of Seassist Italia.
11) Seassist Italia only provides a technical assistance service at sea and does not intend to replace the authorities in charge of safeguarding and saving life at sea.
12) In the case of multiple simultaneous calls, the priority of intervention goes to subscribers.
13) In the event of adverse weather/sea conditions, (indicatively from Beaufort Scale wind force 6 and up), Seassist Italia reserves the right not to carry out the intervention and to carry it out as soon as the weather/sea conditions so allow at the sole discretion of Seassist Italia.
14) The subscriber shall be entitled to a maximum of two free interventions in the calendar year of subscription.
15) Seassist Italia undertakes no responsibility for damage to things if no crew member is present on board on the vessel requiring assistance.
A Contracting Party which has duly paid the annual fee for the GOLD subscription, in addition to the services included in the STARTER-PACK and STANDARD subscriptions which are therefore considered as recognised and accepted by signing the bottom of this Regulation, may use the following services free of charge:
16) Technical assistance in the case of average (engine, electrical system, hydraulic system, etc.) within 12 nautical miles from the coast. In France, intervention is free of charge within 6 nautical miles from the coast in accordance with current regulations. If at the discretion of the commander of the Seassist Italia unit it is not possible to carry out technical assistance directly at sea due to force majeure, upon prior notice to the competent maritime authority, the vessel will be towed to the nearest equipped port; said service will be provided free of charge.
17) The area covered by the Seassist Italia service is that indicated on the website www.seassist.com. The service can be delivered with different modes and at different conditions depending on the country where intervention is required, in compliance with the provisions and regulations provided for in the respective Navigation Code or by the competent maritime authority.
18) A Contracting Party who has regularly paid the annual fee for the GOLD subscription, in addition to the services included in the STARTER PACK and STANDARD subscriptions, which are therefore considered recognized and accepted, by signing at the bottom of these Regulation, may use, free of charge, the following services, which may be requested by e-mail or by phone. The answers will be provided later by telephone contact, or by email, only during office hours.
Nearby locations of arrival
Information on Utility and Emergency Services
Information about Port Services
Information on availability of berths:
The Client may request whether berths are available in a given marina, according to the navigation area, and the specific requests. Seassist Italia will provide the necessary information based on the positive or negative outcome of the responses received, any mooring costs and any characteristics based on the type of boat or whatever else may be useful and their needs.
Information on Repairs and Technical Facilities:
Information on local businesses:
Information about the safety equipment:
Information on documents to be kept on board:
Information on the main coastal stations for VHF service
Transfer of vessel:
Sending of Crew/Skipper:
Sending of Technician for repair
Sending of Divers for repair
19) The Captain of the vessel is responsible for it and for the decisions that s/he takes; Seassist Italia is not liable in this regard.
20) The subscription is not valid if the vessel is engaged in competitions, if not agreed by a specific contract in addition to the subscription service.
21) The Captain of the vessel requesting assistance is under an obligation to notify in advance the presence of any injured persons on board. In this case, Seassist Italia will contact the Port Authority for assistance.
22) Seassist Italia is always entitled to notify the competent maritime authority at its sole discretion.
23) The vessel must comply with rules and regulations on safety equipment and covered by an insurance policy, as provided for by current regulations. Seassist Italia is not liable in the event of irregularities.
24) In the event of sale of the vessel, the service is not transferable to the new owner.
25) The subscriber may, in the event of sale of the vessel, transfer the subscribed service to the new vessel, at the same terms and conditions and with the same expiration date for the remaining period. This intention must be communicated in writing to Seassist Italia for activation and it is necessary to wait for confirmation, it too in writing. The service will be reactivated after 48 hours.
26) Should the length of the vessel change, an adjustment fee will have to be paid.
27) In the case of a change to a shorter length, no amount will be refunded.
28) The service cannot be suspended after activation and will have a duration of 365 days from the date of activation. The subscription is valid from midnight on the second day following the date of signing, unless otherwise agreed in writing, and subject to collection of the payment.
29) Seassist Italia provides only and exclusively a technical assistance service. In the case of requests for mechanical works or anything else, these will be assessed from time to time by interfacing with local assistance services, near the place of average, and on the basis of competence and availability at the time of the request. Since these are services for payment, these shall always require the prior approval of the subscriber.
I hereby accept the General Terms and Conditions and I would like to subscribe to the services of Seassist Italia for the category I have specified and with the mode of payment I have chosen; I declare that I have read, approved and accepted all the articles of the contract, also for the purpose of and pursuant to Articles 1341 et seq. of the Italian Civil Code.
Pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/03 as amended on the protection of privacy, I hereby authorize the processing of my personal data for activities strictly related to those typical of Seassist Italia, and to keep me up to date on new services that may be offered.