Terms and conditions of online purchase (e-commerce)
Show in english
Contractual terms and conditions of the subscription service
italian version - deutsch version
STARTER PACK SUBSCRIPTION
A Contracting Party who has duly paid the annual subscription fee for the STARTER-PACK can use Seassist services at the following terms and conditions:
- 20% discount on rates for Seassist services as published on the website.
- Special discounts at businesses selected by Seassist , as listed at www.seassist.com, under Commercial Partners.
- Services are guaranteed 24 hours a day in the period from 1 April to 31 October, within the limit of 3 hours from receipt of the call; in the period from 1 November to 31 March, service is however guaranteed, but the time limit for intervention can be up to 6 hours from the call and without any obligation to intervene after sunset or in the case of adverse weather conditions.
- The contract is valid 365 days from the date of signing.
- Anything not provided for by this contract is excluded from the subscription service; specifically, whatsoever concerns salvage as governed by the International Convention of London on 28 April 1989, enforceable in Italy with Law No. 129 of 12 April 1995 is excluded.
- For legal disputes relating to this contract, the Court of Udine has jurisdiction.
A Contracting Party which has duly paid the annual fee for the STANDARRD subscription, in addition to the services included in the STARTER-PACK subscription, may use the following services:
- Technical assistance in Italy, free of charge, in the case of average (engine, electrical system, hydraulic system, etc.) within 9 nautical miles from the port of mooring, (as indicated by the Contracting Party in the contract). If at the discretion of the commander of the Seassist unit it is not possible to carry out technical assistance directly at sea due to force majeure, upon prior notice to the competent maritime authority, the vessel will be towed to the nearest equipped marina or port; said service will be provided free of charge.
- The services also include battery charging, unwinding of ropes in the propeller, easy disengagement (maximum one hour) with maximum one service unit (only when this operation does not compromise the integrity of the boat of the Contracting Party at the sole discretion of the Seassist operator).
- All the services described above shall be carried out free of charge only with a service vessel. If for any reason, including not depending on Seassist , the intervention of one or more additional vessels is needed, the service shall be charged at the Seassist rates published on the website.
- All services requested within marinas or ports in general, as well as pure repair operations are not included.
- Seassist only provides a technical assistance service at sea and it cannot and does not intend to replace the authorities in charge of safeguarding and saving life at sea.
- In the case of multiple simultaneous calls, the priority of intervention goes to subscribers.
- In the event of adverse weather/sea conditions, (indicatively from Beaufort Scale wind force 6 and up), Seassist reserves the right not to carry out the intervention and to carry it out as soon as the weather/sea conditions so allow at the sole discretion of Seassist.
- The subscriber shall be entitled to a maximum of two free interventions in the calendar year of subscription.
- Seassist undertakes no responsibility for damage to things if no crew member is present on board on the vessel requiring assistance.
A Contracting Party which has duly paid the annual fee for the GOLD subscription, in addition to the services included in the STARTER-PACK and STANDARD subscriptions, which are therefore considered as recognized and accepted by signing the bottom of this Regulation, may use the following services free of charge:
- Technical assistance in the case of average (engine, electrical system, hydraulic system, etc.) within 12 nautical miles from the coast. In France, intervention is free of charge within 6 nautical miles from the coast in accordance with current regulations. If at the discretion of the commander of the Seassist unit it is not possible to carry out technical assistance directly at sea due to force majeure, upon prior notice to the competent maritime authority, the vessel will be towed to the nearest equipped port; said service will be provided free of charge.
- The area covered by the Seassist service is that indicated on the website www.seassist.com. The service can be delivered with different modes and at different conditions depending on the country where intervention is required, in compliance with the provisions and regulations provided for in the respective Navigation Code or by the competent maritime authority.
18) A Contracting Party who has regularly paid the annual fee for the GOLD subscription, in addition to the services included in the STARTER PACK and STANDARD subscriptions, which are therefore considered recognized and accepted, by signing at the bottom of these Regulation, may use, free of charge, the following services, which may be requested by e-mail or by phone. The answers will be provided later by telephone contact, or by email, only during office hours.
- Weather forecast including wind direction and strength
- Air and water temperatures
- Ground atmospheric pressure
- Notices to Skippers about the navigation area
- Storm alerts
- Navigation planning, route, route intended as that from the port of departure to the port of arrival, final destination, cruising speed
- Route to be followed (facsimile), detection points, relative speeds, estimated arrival times
- Information on ports and marinas
Nearby locations of arrival
- Provide information on the most suitable facility to receive the boat based on the current location, characteristics of the nearest landing
- Support and nautical information for entry into port, or destination
- Check mooring assistance service, contact with the Marina, procedures to follow, VHF radio channel recommended for entry
Information on Utility and Emergency Services
- Depending on the mooring location, supply of the useful numbers to contact, support to contact: Rescue, Doctor, Authorities, Law Enforcement, Coast Guard, Hospitals, Pharmacies, etc.
Information about Port Services
- Marina contact information and check of availability of services: water, electricity, fuel stations, laundry service, reception, waste collection, telephones, security
Information on availability of berths:
The Client may request whether berths are available in a given marina, according to the navigation area, and the specific requests. Seassist will provide the necessary information based on the positive or negative outcome of the responses received, any mooring costs and any characteristics based on the type of boat or whatever else may be useful and their needs.
Information on Repairs and Technical Facilities:
- Information on technical facilities for work on the engine, hull, electrical system, damaged boat, and local dealers
- Hauling and launch
- Electrical servicing
- Electronics servicing
- Engine servicing
- Hull servicing
- Boat winter storage
Information on local businesses:
- Nautical and sailing schools, charter agencies, nautical agencies, equipment and accessories, shipyards, clubs and nautical clubs, boat dealers, engine dealers, refrigerator servicing and sale, sale of navigation and TLC equipment, sale of propellers and water jets, sails, etc.
Information about the safety equipment:
- The Subscriber may request information about the safety equipment required by current regulations for their vessel. Replies will be provided within 48 hours (weekdays), based on the information provided by the client, type of navigation, license, any other qualifications, etc.
Information on documents to be kept on board:
- The Subscriber may request information and advice regarding the documents to be kept on board. Replies will be provided within 48 hours (weekdays).
Information on the main coastal stations for VHF service
- The Subscriber may request information about coastal stations used for the transmission of news on maritime traffic, notices to skippers, etc.
Transfer of vessel:
- In the event that it becomes necessary to tow the boat from one marina to another, the Seassist client may request the transfer to the operations centre; the costs shall be borne entirely by the client.
- The Seassist Operations Centre will provide an estimate of the costs of the requested transfer, whether or not it is feasible, also based on the vessel's condition, and the necessary technical checks by the competent bodies. It will then provide for transfer only upon acceptance by the Client.
Sending of Crew/Skipper:
- In case of immobilization of the vessel, for any reason, following average, theft, illness or accident, the Subscriber may ask the Seassist Operations Centre to send a skipper or crew who will provide for and organize the return of the vessel. The costs are entirely at the expense of the client who will authorise what is required in advance and from time to time.
Sending of Technician for repair
- In case of average in the marina, the Seassist Client may request a technician at the berth according to the needs and type of average. Seassist will provide to find, according to availability, a technician on site or nearby, or of the official dealer, giving information to the client on availability, timing and costs of the repair.
Sending of Divers for repair
- The Subscriber may request the sending of divers, according to the needs and type of request. Seassist will provide to find, according to availability, a team on site or nearby, giving information timing and costs of the repair.
- If the vessel is damaged and there is a need to watch it, support may be requested from Seassist for this service. Seassist will provide for finding a surveillance team, if possible, on site or in the vicinity. The costs shall be borne by the client with his prior authorisation.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
- The Captain of the vessel is responsible for it and for the decisions that s/he takes; Seassist is not liable in this regard.
- The subscription is not valid if the vessel is engaged in competitions, if not agreed by a specific contract in addition to the subscription service.
- The Captain of the vessel requesting assistance is under an obligation to notify in advance the presence of any injured persons on board. In this case, Seassist will contact the Port Authority for assistance.
- Seassist is always entitled to notify the competent maritime authority at its sole discretion.
- The vessel must comply with rules and regulations on safety equipment and covered by an insurance policy, as provided for by current regulations. Seassist is not liable in the event of irregularities.
- In the event of sale of the vessel, the service is not transferable to the new owner. However, in the case of a multi-year subscription, if the vessel is sold during the first year of subscription, Seassist will refund the amount for the second year.
- The Subscriber may, in the event of sale of the vessel, transfer the subscribed service to the new vessel, at the same terms and conditions and with the same expiration date for the remaining period. This intention must be communicated in writing to Seassist for activation and it is necessary to wait for confirmation, it too in writing. The service will be reactivated after 48 hours.
- Should the length of the vessel change, an adjustment fee will have to be paid. In the case of a change to a shorter length, no amount will be refunded.
- In the case of multi-year subscription, the expiration date shall remain unchanged.
- The service cannot be suspended after activation and will have a duration of 365 days from the date of activation. The subscription is valid from midnight on the second business day following the date of signing, unless otherwise agreed in writing, and subject to collection of the payment.
- Seassist provides only and exclusively a technical assistance service. In the case of requests for mechanical works or anything else, these will be assessed from time to time by interfacing with local assistance services, near the place of average, and based on competence and availability at the time of the request. Since these are services for payment, these shall always require the prior approval of the subscriber.
I hereby accept the General Terms and Conditions and I would like to subscribe to the services of Seassist for the category I have specified and with the mode of payment I have chosen; I declare that I have read, approved and accepted all the articles of the contract, also for the purpose of and pursuant to Articles 1341 et seq. of the Italian Civil Code.
Pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/03 as amended on the protection of privacy, I hereby authorize the processing of my personal data for activities strictly related to those typical of Seassist , and to keep me up to date on new services that may be offered.